Pumpkin Carving Party Ideas
Celebrate Halloween this year by hosting a pumpkin carving party. It's a great way to spend time with friends and family. Here are a few helpful party planning tips:
- Create your own pumpkin carving invitations using orange paper and a pumpkin stencil. A pumpkin shaped cookie cutter works great for tracing.
- Send out invitations early enough for guests to schedule accordingly.
- Tip: Ask your guests to bring pumpkins already cleaned out and ready to carve.
Decorating Your Home
- If providing pumpkins, place them by your front door so guests can choose a pumpkin to carve as they come to the party. Decorate your porch with corn stalks and autumn leaves to give it a home harvest look.
- Fill decorative paper bags with our carving tools, pumpkin lights and other fun Halloween items.
- Make sure to provide delicious Halloween treats such as Brach's® Candy Corn. Visit our recipes section for additional ideas.
- Cover your work surface with newspapers or a vinyl tablecloth.
- Read the product carving instructions out loud so everyone knows how to use the tools properly. This is a good time to also discuss any carving contest rules.
- Let the pumpkin carving festivities begin!
- If using a candle to illuminate your pumpkin, you can create the smell of Halloween spice by sprinkling cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice on the underside of the jack-o'-lantern's lid. Once lit, the pumpkin will create a wonderful pumpkin scent.
- Tip: Consider the ages of your guests for planning activities and use of proper carving tools. Visit the Pumpkin Masters® products section for ideas.
- Vote for the select pumpkin carving categories such as best-carved pumpkin, scariest pumpkin, goofiest pumpkin, and more.
- Light up the pumpkins outside and take a group photo.
- Tip: Have kids judge the pumpkin carving masterpieces!