We would love to know if you have made this recipe. Please tell us about it or send a picture of your culinary creation on Facebook.
Pumpkin Crèmes Brûlées
3 cups milk
1-1/2 cup pumpkin purée, canned or freshly prepared
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
5 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine, melted
1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk to just below boiling, bubbles will form all over the surface.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs with a whisk. Add pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, spice, and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Gradually whisk in hot milk. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Evenly divide pumpkin mixture among 12 six-ounce custard cups. Place cups in two 9x13 inch baking pans. Place pans on oven rack and add hot tap water to the pans until the water is halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Custard centers should be slightly wobbly.
- Remove custard from oven and cool. You can cool cups in shallow water. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar on each custard. Caramelize sugar using a kitchen torch about 2-inches from custard tops. If using an over, preheat oven broiler then broil custards until sugar melts and bubbles. Make sure to watch it closely to prevent burning. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings